ECHS parents have the right to expect the following:
- That all students are safe when in attendance at ECHS;
- That learning is the highest priority at ECHS;
- That ECHS teachers are familiar with and design their courses around the Florida Sunshine State educational benchmarks;
- That ECHS teachers are prepared with meaningful class lessons every day;
- That ECHS teachers will return homework and papers in a timely fashion;
- That the entire ECHS community will work together to help students develop the attitudes, behaviors, and skills necessary to become ready to do college-level work;
- That students will receive expert guidance in course selection, in college preparation, in career exploration;
- That ECHS will offer a varied after-school activity program;
- That disciplinary actions will be fair and consistent;
- That the school administrators will communicate regularly with the parent and student community about school events and school issues.
ECHS asks that, as parents, you do the following:
- Make sure your child gets to school on time.
- Ensure that your child is dressed appropriately for school.
- Expect that your child will behave appropriately at school, on the school bus, and at school events.
- Call the school attendance line when your child is absent.
- Notify the principal if your child will have an extended absence.
- Provide a quiet place for your child to study and monitor studies, if necessary.
- Check FOCUS on a regular basis to see how your child is performing in each class.Read communications from the school: letters, emails, website postings.
- Attend any meetings called to discuss your child’s academic performance and/or behavior.
- Share with appropriate school personnel any changes in the family that might impact your child’s performance in school.
- ECHS hopes that you will volunteer to support the school by attending school events, chaperoning school parties, offering to carpool, participating with fund-raising activities, helping students in need;
- Let school administrators know when you hear comments about ECHS, both positive and negative;
- Share the success of ECHS with friends and community leaders.
HOW TO PROVIDE INFORMATION AND GET ANSWERS:
- For attendance reporting Call Penny Donaldson - 833-5302
- For general questions Call Jackie Wentz - 637-5673
- For individual class concerns Email individual teachers (check STAFF page for email addresses)
- For overall academic concerns Call Amber Foster - 637-3556
- For disciplinary issues Call Matt Catanzarite - 833-5301
- For school policy issues and all other concerns Call Diane Juneau -637-5607